Diploma in Personal Training and Nutrition
Get Started Today with our Self paced course option
The Diploma in Personal Training and Nutrition includes the Gym Instructor and Personal Training courses as one combined Personal Training Diploma Certification. It also includes the Level 5 Award in Nutrition.
- Planning and Instructing Gym Based Exercise,
- Professional Practice and fitness professionals,
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise,
- Exercise and Lifestyle consultation and management
- Business Awareness for Personal Trainers,
- Designing and delivering personal training programmes,
- Nutrition for exercise, fitness, health and wellbeing,
- Applied anatomy for exercise, fitness and health
- Nutritional requirements for a healthy diet,
- Sources and functions and used of macro and micro nutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different lifetime stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Behaviour change coaching
- Nutrition for Fat loss
- Nutrition for muscle gain
Personal Training Diploma
2 sets of 2 multiple choice online exams
Online coursework and quizzes
Practical assessment at the end of the course
Award in Nutrition
100% online – Assessment by case study (no exams)
Learning content for each module contains video lectures from our tutor team as well as reading content in e-book and PDF format. Coursework is submitted via our online learning platform.
For the Personal Training Diploma: This is a self paced course that you can access and complete around your own schedule. Your tutor will assist you to complete within a timeframe you decide. Average completion time is 8-12 weeks if studying part time.
Upon completion of the Personal Training Diploma you can then begin the Level 5 Award in Nutrition. This is also self paced and completed online. Average completion time is 8-10 weeks.
This course is open to anyone over the age of 16
This is an Internationally Accredited Qualification with OFQUAL and is CIMSPA Approved. This is a Level 4 Diploma in Personal Training on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and a Level 3 Certificate in UK. The Award in Nutrition is a Level 4 Certification in the UK and Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
You will be assigned a tutor who will be available for support throughout the entire course. Schedule regular phone/zoom calls around your schedule whenever you need assistance
You can pay upfront via our website or via low monthly payments through our finance partner, Humm. Apply for payment plans by adding a course to your cart and select ‘Humm’ at checkout. You can also contact us to request a payment plan application
Our main assessment centre is in Clondalkin, Dublin with practical assessment days available on a monthly basis. Just book the first date that suits you once you have completed the online learning and coursework.