Level 5 Award in Nutriiton
- Nutritional requirements for a healthy diet,
- The effect of diet on health and the importance of hydration.
- Sources and functions and used of macro and micro nutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different lifetime stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Legal requirements in relation to health claims and nutrition claims
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Nutrition for Fat loss
- Nutrition for muscle gain
- Behaviour change coaching
100% assessed by coursework/case study. No exams
This is a self paced course that you can access and complete around your own schedule. Your tutor will assist you to complete within a timeframe you decide. Average completion time is 6-8 weeks if studying part time.
Learning content for each module contains video lectures from our tutor team as well as reading content in e-book and PDF format. Coursework is submitted via our online learning platform.
This course is open to anyone over the age of 16
This is a Level 5 Award in Nutrition on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and a Level 4 Award in UK. Awarding organisation – RSPH
You can pay upfront via our website or via low monthly payments through our finance partner, Humm. Apply for payment plans by adding a course to your cart and select ‘Humm’ at checkout. You can also contact us to request a payment plan application