Terms and Conditions
- Course Delivery
- Course Access and Duration
- Responsibilities and liability
- Complaints and appeals
- Exams and Assessments terms and conditions
- CPD course terms and conditions
- Tutor Support
- Data Protection
- Appendix 1
- These terms and conditions apply to students of ‘Uni Learning’ which is the trading name of Uni Learning Group Ltd (Registered UK Limited Company) and Uni Learning Limited (Registered Irish Limited Company)
- By booking any course, the student agrees that these Terms and Conditions shall apply and they will adhere to them.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions shall apply unless confirmed in writing by or on behalf of a Director of Uni Learning.
- When a student is accessing subsidised training through a funded project or scheme, all Terms and Conditions will apply (except for terms regarding initial payment for the course) Bookings and Payment
- Uni Learning reserves the right to amend its terms and conditions at the beginning of every quarter, so you are encouraged to review this regularly.
- Booking on any course is not secured until payment has been made or a payment plan has been agreed. If using a payment plan, the first payment or a deposit will secure your place but this will not be available on all courses.
- Deposits are non refundable.
- If a payment date is missed, the students learner account will be suspended until payment has been made.
- Students paying via ‘Payl8r’ or ‘Humm’ finance providers are legally obliged to fulfil repayments to the finance provider. Refunds cannot be processed by the finance provider or Uni Learning.
- Upon booking a course, there is a 14 calendar day cooling off period. During which time, should you wish to apply for a refund, you can do so in writing. If a student has been registered on a course and Uni Learning has incurred a fee, this would be deducted from any possible refund. No refunds will be given outside of this time.
- If a student has accessed course materials via the online learning platform no refunds will be granted.
- In cases where a student misses required elements of a course for any reason, Uni Learning reserves the right to require the student to complete additional learning to meet Awarding body requirements.
- Dates, times and locations for courses are accurate at the time of booking, however Uni Learning reserves the right to alter times, dates or locations if circumstances dictate.
- If Uni Learning needs to postpone or rearrange a course, this does not entitle the student to a refund as alternate dates will be provided.
- Students must adhere to the rules and regulations of any third party venue that Uni Learning may deliver a course in.
- If a student arrives late to a course this is their responsibility. In order to respect all students we will start sharply at the advertised time unless circumstances are outside of our control. It is the students responsibility to arrive early and plan ahead for travel and parking.
- Students will be expected to take part in all aspects of the relevant courses, which will include practical elements. In some cases, for example Sports massage, there is a risk you will experience discomfort or pain. All activities will be conducted under the supervision of fully qualified instructors. Failure to adhere to their advice and direction will leave you personally liable for any injury, or damage caused, to a fellow student, other member of the public or property.
Course Access and Duration
- For courses requiring access to our online learning portal, Uni Learning will endeavor to ensure students will receive access within 1 working day . However, circumstances outside our control may increase this time period and we will advise you of any undue delay.
- Students will have a fixed period of access included in the course fee, depending on their course. Detailed in appendix 1. If a student fails to complete their course inside this timeframe they will be able to pay for additional time as detailed below in appendix 1.
- Whilst Uni Learning may advise timeframes for the completion of a course, this is not a guarantee that students will complete in this timeframe. Students are responsible for their own learning and completion of coursework in a timely manner. Uni Learning will help to the extent we can to help you complete is your chosen timeframe but the ultimate responsibility is on the student.
- If a student does not complete their course within their given period of access at booking, Uni Learning will contact them to offer additional time. If Uni Learning does not receive a response within one calendar month from the student, we reserve the right to remove the student from the course.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from a course temporarily they must do so in writing or via email only. Messaging on social media will not be accepted. If you wish to temporarily withdraw for genuine reasons, Uni Learning will try to facilitate pausing your access for an agreed period of time. Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] to do so.
Responsibilities and Liability
- Uni Learning does not guarantee that a student will pass a course, exam or assessment.
- Uni Learning must adhere to learning standards from their awarding organisations which set the standards for our courses. Students must accept that we cannot deviate from these standards in order to provide any preferential treatment for any student.
- Uni Learning shall not be liable for any loss, damages, costs, claims, demands, expenses or liabilities of whatsoever nature arising out of the delivery of a course at any of their chosen venues.
- Uni Learning Group Ltd (UK) or Uni Learning Limited (Ireland) entire liability to the student under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed the amount equal to the fees paid by them.
- Uni Learning courses require students to accept personal responsibility for their education. We will endeavor to help you complete in a timely manner but the onus is always on the student to take personal responsibility for their learning.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that Uni Learning holds his or her correct personal information. Uni Learning will not be liable for any errors due to incorrect personal information supplied by the student. You must provide updated contact information if your circumstances change, such as moving house, change of email address or telephone number. If, for any reason your name has changed, since you start a course you must advise us of this and provide documentary evidence e.g. marriage certificate or deed poll should you wish then name on your certificate to differ from the one initially provided. After you have been registered with the relevant awarding body, a change of name will incur a cost to be borne by the student. The exact fee will be at the discretion of the awarding body and not Uni Learning.
- Uni Learning will offer support to students with individual learning needs and/or disabilities. It is the student’s responsibility to inform Uni Learning of any individual needs at the time of booking so that appropriate support can be provided
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide proof of qualifications where these are a prerequisite for certification on their chosen course. For example, a student who applies to study a level 3 Personal Trainer course needs to prove they hold a level 2 Fitness Instructor certificate. Failure to provide such proof may delay certification. The only proof that is acceptable is a certificate from a recognised awarding body
- The student must ensure they hold the qualification required to take any course that has an entry requirement/prerequisite as listed on our website.
- Students may be required to produce photographic identification upon acceptance on a course in order to satisfy the Awarding organisations policies. Students can upload this on their learner profile. This must be a passport, driving license or national identity card with proof of date of birth.
Complaints and appeals
- Should a learner wish to raise a complaint, they must do so in writing to [email protected] or [email protected].
- Students should not contact an awarding organisation before contacting Uni Learning as this will incur a fee from the awarding organisation, to be paid by the student.
- Uni Learning will respond to all complaints within 2 working days.
- Complaints must only be made via the methods in 6.1.
- Uni Learning has a zero tolerance policy with regards to defamation of its reputation, employees, tutors or subcontractors. Any discrimination or defamation will result in legal action.
- If a student or other party posts defamatory comments or reviews without first adhering to the complaints process in 6.1, Uni Learning reserves the right to terminate the student’s learner profile without refund and will forward the matter to our legal advisors.
Exams and Assessments Terms and Conditions
- Only students who have completed the prerequisite coursework will be eligible to book onto a practical assessment date or theory examination date.
- If a student fails a theory examination on more than one occasion there will be a €30 examination fee
- If a student fails a practical assessment, the first resit will be free of charge. Additional resits will be subject to a €30 resit fee.
- If completing an examination via online invigilation, students will be sent instructions on how to login via email within 48 hours of their examination start time. This may go into junk or spam mail, so students must ensure they have received this email and login at least 10 minutes prior to their start time.
- Any theory examination cancellations inside 5 calendar days will incur a €30 fee. Students who do not appear for an examination without prior notice will be charged a €50 fee before being allowed to re-book.
- Any practical assessment cancellations inside 7 calendar days will incur a €50 fee. Students who do not attend their practical assessment without prior notice will be charged a €75 fee before being allowed to re-book.
- It is each students responsibility to upload proof of completion of theory exams and practical assessments to the relevant section on their online learning profile.
CPD course terms and conditions
- Bookings are non-refundable.
- Once a course date has been booked, should a student need to rearrange the date this can only be done once. A second date change will incur a charge of 50% of the course fee. Changes must be made at least 7 days prior to the course.
- If a student does not attend a Course date without prior notification to Uni Learning in writing via email to [email protected] or [email protected], they are not entitled to attend another course date without paying for the course again. Notification must be given at least 7 days from the course date.
- Students must be in attendance for the full duration of the course to be eligible for certification.
- Uni Learning reserves the right to change venues, dates and times if circumstances dictate. If there is a change of venue, date or time for the course, Uni Learning will notify you at least one week prior to the course date.
- Uni Learning course prices may change at any time. If a student books a course and the course is available at another price at another time, they are not entitled to any reimbursement.
- Students will be advised what is suitable attire for certain courses, for example NO ‘street’ clothing or footwear will be permitted when attending a Gym based course. For therapy based courses it is advised to wear loose-fitting garments, or to bring a change of clothing as certain massage mediums (oils, creams, etc) may stain clothing. Uni Learning will not be held liable for any damage to clothing under these circumstances.
- Certificates will be issued with the name supplied on the application/booking of your course.
- If you require a change to the name or spelling of your certificate, you will be required to provide photographic identification and pay the relevant fee charged by the awarding organisation.
- Certificates will not be issued unless all fees have been paid in full and all requested documents have been received.
- All certificates will be received by Uni Learning who will scan your certificate for our records
- Students must ensure they maintain an up to date address on their online profile as certificates will be posted to this address.
- Replacement certificates can be obtained at the charge applicable at the date of ordering.
- Uni Learning will endeavor to send you your certificate within 10 weeks of your course completion (100% assessment completion). This is the timeframe set by the Awarding organisations with whom we work.
- Uni Learning is an accredited training provider with multiple awarding organisations. It is a student’s responsibility to ensure that the qualification they choose is the one they require.
- If a student is unsure of anything with regards to accreditation of qualifications, please call our office or contact us and we will be happy to help as there are many non-accredited courses available which we would like to help you avoid.
- All intellectual property rights in course materials are owned by Uni Learning
- All intellectual property rights in course materials are owned by Uni Learning Group Ltd. The student agrees not to replicate, alter, modify or distribute the materials or do anything which would infringe upon any rights. For the avoidance of doubt ‘intellectual property rights’ shall mean any content, patents, design rights, trademarks, service marks (in each case whether registered or not), applications or rights to apply for any of the foregoing, database rights, know-how, trade or business names, rights in confidential information, goodwill and other similar rights existing in any part of the world.
- If a student is found to have distributed, plagarised or shared our content with external parties, the students learning account will be removed and their booking will become void. No refunds will be given and Uni Learning will pursue legal action.
- Students are responsible for maintaining contact with their tutor. Your initial tutor call can be booked via the link in your welcome email. Follow up calls can be booked via the Calendly link on our online platform.
- All of your coursework submissions will be marked inside 7 days. Please do not contact your tutor about a specific submission of work if it has been less than 7 days.
- If you require support from your tutor, it is your responsibility to contact them via email, by booking a call or you can call our office on the number provided on our website.
- Uni Learning will disclose students’ details and information to the tutor(s) delivering your course and also any funding/training partners specific to the student’s course but they will not disclose the details and information provided by the student to any other third party without their consent unless they are specifically required to do so by law; it is in response to a valid, legal request by a law enforcement or governmental authority.
- By making a booking, the student acknowledges and consents that Uni Learning may store and process their personal details and information (for example their name, address, telephone number, email address and disclosed medical conditions/learning needs) in accordance with any relevant data protection legislation and that they may use this information for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Uni Learning maintains databases of their students both manually and electronically. They use this information from time to time for mailing information about the services that they offer. They always ensure, however, that they handle data about their students in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. If, at any time, a student does not wish Uni Learning to provide them with this information or to retain their personal details on the database then please inform them in writing.
- Data collected from you will be used to administer the course or to inform you about similar services which we provide, unless you tell us that you do not want to receive this information.
- Uni Learning will adhere to GDPR Guidelines in relation to student information.
- All exams and assessments for our courses, allow one free re-sit.
- Additional resits for practical assessments or theory exams will cost €30
- Any theory examination cancellations inside 5 calendar days will incur a €30 fee.
- Any practical assessment cancellations inside 7 calendar days will incur a €50 fee.
- If a student does not attend an examination without informing Uni Learning, they will be subject to a €50 fee before being able to re-book
- If a student does not attend a practical assessment without informing Uni Learning, they will be subject to a €75 fee before being able to re-book
Course Assess Duration
Students will receive online access to their course for the duration below. If a student does not complete within this timeframe, they can pay for an additional month’s access in order to complete the course. Once 24 months have passed since a student’s initial enrolment, they are no longer able to complete the qualification without paying for the course again.
Reaccess for 1 additional month
Fitness Instructor/Gym Instructor
Certificate in Personal Training
Diploma in Personal Training
Level 4 Award in Strength and Conditioning
Pre and Post Natal
Diploma in Sports Massage
Diploma in PT with Nutrition or S+C
Online CPD Courses