Pre and Post Natal Course
Become a Pre and Post Natal Exercise Specialist
Cater to a new client niche by studying this specialist online course. Become a Pre and Post Natal Exercise specialist.
- One to one support throughout
- Online learning at your own pace
- Combine with other qualifications for discounted package
The aim of this module is to provide you with the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the benefits of physical activity for antenatal and postnatal clients. This unit addresses the physiological and biomechanical changes that occur during pregnancy, possible barriers and contra-indications to physical activity, and the importance of a balanced diet, hydration and appropriate clothing.
The aim of this module is to provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to design appropriate physical activity programmes which safely address the needs of antenatal and postnatal participants.
- Physiological changes and physical problems during pregnancy
- The benefits and risks of exercise during pregnancy
- Staying safe while exercising during pregnancy
- When exercise is not advisable
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Benefits and risks of postnatal exercise
- Advising when it is appropriate to exercise
- The guidelines and exercise recommendations for pre and postnatal clients
Students will receive an EQF Level 4/UK Level 3 Award in Designing Physical Activity Programmes for Antenatal and postnatal clients.
OFQUAL, VTCT and CIMSPA Approved.
Fitness instructor or Personal trainer qualification
You have up to 6 months to complete the course but average completion time is 6-8 weeks if studying part time